9.06.2013

Edibles | Linguine with Avocado & Arugula Pesto


I finally have a blender that I can use to make pesto so I went and tried Giada De Laurentiis's recipe with a slight twist. See below for my detailed instructions but honestly this is such a simple recipe to keep in your recipe box! You can also replace the linguine with shell pastas (which I felt worked out slightly better).

Ingredients
2 - 3 handfuls of walnuts
3 ounces of arugula
2 avocados
2 bunches of basil
1 handful linguine
Parmesan cheese

Walnuts
Put walnuts (as much as you like, remember, they will be chopped) on a baking sheet with preheated oven at 350 degrees F. If you like the walnuts toasted longer, go for 10 minutes (I usually judge by the smell when I open the oven).

Linguine
Bring large pot of water to boil (add some salt) and let boil based on box instructions.

Avocado & Arugula Pesto Sauce
Scope out 2 avocados and put in the food processor (might take awhile). Slowly add in the 3 ounces of arugula bit by bit interchanging with the 2 bunches of basil. Blend until smooth.

Mix the avocado & arugula pesto sauce with the linguine. Top with walnuts and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment